Friday, August 13, 2004

Friday the 13th

Remember the defunct show with the same title? Well, this post is not in any way related to that. Its just one of those days wherein the 13th day of month comes with this day of the week: Friday. Friday is a day where mankind attributes so many things. No other day comes close. Friday is said to be the day Jesus died on the cross. A song was about Friday becoming a day of love. Not to mention the self-proclaimed Fashion Fridays for my clothes. I really love Friday. Friday marks the start of the weekend. Friday nights are the best because you wake up Saturday morning, (logically, duh) unlike Saturday nights where you chase the Sunday sun.

My favorite number is 13. During highschool, I always get the number 13 for my class number. During Friday the 13th, always get lucky...

Its exactly 2:37pm right now, Jan and I are planning to go to Malate. This was a snap decision. Fortunately, tonight, I mean later this morning, the Malate visit would have a cause. I would be doing a feature on film for my homosexuality creative feature slash documentary. I asked my friend to be my cameraman, fortunately, he agreed. Im so nervous for this journalistic stint because what if I get caught with my cam. Awwh. Good luck to myself.

***
The rock version of the song "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" still runs through my mind. Today marked another significant sign in my life: a line of the song goes like this: "Somewhere over the rainbow, blue birds fly." I saw him this morning after philo class and he wore blue!! The same shade and hue of blue that I am wearing right now. What a coincidence. I this a sign? He even has a red Jansport bag. I brought this day my CocaCola bag which is also red. Another coincidence? I can't believe it. Life never ceases to surprise me. I wish I could talk to him later. I wish? I should? I could? I would.

Last night when i turned on the TV, the channel was already set in Studio 23. They were showing the movie entitled, "Can't Hardly Wait." It stars Enthan Embry and some hor girl. It was a movie that almost captured every feeling that I feel right now. The main character, who is Preston, is similar to me. He loved the girl for so long but he never met her, and never told her either. All shit happens but in the end, they met each other. A significant line still sticks to my mind from the movie: "There is such a thing called fate but when that moment comes, it is still up to you to make it happen."

No comments: