Sunday, July 09, 2006

Travelogue Rewind- Dubai

I remember it was sem break last year when I went to the UK [England] to visit my folks. Since I was not able to blog what happened to my trip, here's a long overdue post.



Here is the view from the tarmac while I was climbing the stairs. Im bound for Manchester Airport, England. Because of the limited direct flights offered by the handfull of airline companies here in the Philippines, I was forced to take a connecting flight to Dubai Airport. DXB or Dubai International Airport serves as the hub of Emirates Airlines. (obvious ba, kaya nga UAEmirates eh)  Ok naman yung serivce nila, each seat has its own LCD screen wherein passengers can watch popular tv shows and movies in the in-flight channel system or view the progress of the flight with the airshow map. Sa channel na ito makikita mo yung nasa ilalim, sa harap at sa gilid ng airplane dahil may live feed galing sa mga kamerang nakakabit sa eroplano. Taray di ba!



  Photo Credit: http://en.wikipedia.org
Dubai Skyline

Pagdating sa Dubai, kain muna tayo sa... Mc Do! San pa ba di va? They don't accept US$ daw, Dhs lang. Dhs? ano yun di ba? Ahh, Dirham, yun yung pera sa Dubai.
 
Photo Credit: http://www.syrialive.net
Mc Donald's Dubai Airport          Bretch Original Photo Copyright 2005-2006

Global Capitalist Mc Donald's, arabian style. Mc Falafel anyone?




Thats me waiting outside the gates of my connecting flight to Manchester. I'm halfway around the world and I only have Php 500 in my pocket!

Kamusta naman, bawal daw ang bading dun. May kakilala daw si Elgin na dalawang tuklesang nagchukchakan sa isang medyo public place ang nahuli at pinadeport pabalik sa Pinas. Hindi ito gay-friendly country like jolly-gay ol' England.

Underground kung underground ang gay community dito. Good luck sa mga gay dance clubs na nagtatago throughout the city. Kaya pala dito naghahasik ng lagim si Uma from PBB. Well rumor has it na botomesa daw siya. Di naman siya exactly from Dubai but Israel  would also has the same policy: BAWAL ANG BADING.

 Photo from http://www.pinoybigbrother.com

What happens next? Visit my blog soon.

No comments: